Peanuts Exporter In Nigeria
Peanut, or groundnut (Arachis hypogaea), is a species in the legume or “bean” family (Fabaceae). The peanut was probably first cultivated in the valleys of Peru.
It is an annual herbaceous plant growing 30 to 50 cm (1.0 to 1.6 ft) tall. The leaves are opposite, pinnate with four leaflets (two opposite pairs; no terminal leaflet), each leaflet 1 to 7 cm (⅜ to 2¾ in) long and 1 to 3 cm (⅜ to 1 inch) broad. The flowers are a typical peaflower in shape, 2 to 4 cm (0.8 to 1.6 in) (¾ to 1½ in) across, yellow with reddish veining.
Hypogaea means “under the earth”, after pollination, the flower stalk elongates causing it to bend until the ovary touches the ground. Continued stalk growth then pushes the ovary underground where the mature fruit develops into a legume pod, the peanut – a classical example of geocarpy. Pods are 3 to 7 cm (1.2 to 2.8 in) long, containing 1 to 4 seeds.
Uses of Peanuts:
Groundnuts also have a variety of industrial uses, and they are as follows:
– Paint, varnish, lubricating oil, leather dressings, furniture polish, insecticides, and nitroglycerin are made from groundnut oil.
– Soap is made from saponified oil, and many cosmetics contain groundnut oil and its derivatives.
– The protein portion of the oil is used in the manufacturing of some textile fibres.
– Groundnut shells are used in the manufacture of plastic, wallboard, abrasives, fuel, cellulose (used in rayon and paper) and mucilage (glue).
– Groundnuts are also used for food and as an ingredient in confectionery products. After the extraction of oil, the residual cake is processed largely for animal feed, but is also used for human consumption.
At Enricher Cooperative, we supply these products from Nigeria to any part of the globe – Asia, Middle East, Europe, North America, South America and other African countries
Our Peanuts Trade Specifications
Type: Peanuts (Java, Samnut 23, Kampala)
Physical Specification: Based On Buyer’s Specification
Quantity: Based On Buyer’s Specification
Price: Negotiable / Metric Tonnes
Trial Order: 20 Metric Tonnes (One 20 ft Container Load)
Trade Process: FOB/CIF
Payment Method: 100% irrevocable L/C at sight
Shipping Time: 15 to 30 days after confirmation of L/C
Loading Port: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Java, Samnut 23, & Kampala
Moisture: Maximum of 10%
Inspection: SGS/Bureau Veritas
Expected Shipping Documents
– Bill of Lading
– Certificate of Origin
– Phytosanitary Certificate
– Packing List
– Commercial Invoice
– Fumigation Certificate
– SGS/Bureau Veritas Inspection Certificate